Thursday, February 4, 2016

Results of my Cyclic Ketogenic Diet Part 1

Woke up on Thursday 1/28/16 for the moment of truth. What are the results of my new lifestyle of eating as a cyclic ketogenic person? But before I get to that, let me give everyone a brief overview on how I do my diet.

I tried to do pure keto with no high carb intake and found my strength decreasing. I did more research and read more books before concluding to cycling high carb days on the weekends.

I tried doing close to 4,000 calories a day but got tired of forcing myself to eat that much fat Monday-Friday. It was fairly easy on the weekends when I swap to carbs. I decided to decrease my calories and found no hindrances in my strength training program.

Breakdown of my diet

December 01, 2015– January 17, 2016

Monday – Friday High fat/Low carb
Calories – 3750 calories
15% Carbs - 141g
65% Fat - 271g
20% Protein - 188g

Saturday – Sunday High carb/Low fat
Calories – 3750 calories
50% Carbs - 468g
25% Fat - 104g
25% Protein - 235g


January 18, 2016 - Current

Monday – Friday High fat/Low carb
Calories – 3000 calories
10% Carbs - 75g
65% Fat - 217g
15% Protein - 188g

Saturday – Sunday High carb/Low fat
Calories – 3000 calories
50% Carbs - 375g
25% Fat - 83g
25% Protein - 188g


Things I learned
·       - Strong correlation between high carbs and weight gain
·       - Not eating enough fat (at least 200g for me), although low carb, resulted in maintaining weight
·       - Decreasing to 3,000 calories daily resulted in no strength loss
·       - Cycling carbs on the weekends is needed for powerlifters


The principles work and it took months of experimentation and seeing how my body reacts, but I finally found the right percentages for me to function well. 

And the results.... a 415lb squat!! Yeeyaaah! =O



Oh yeah... my lab results. That was 2/1/16 Monday. I"ll get back to that on my next blog. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment