It’s been only four days and so far so good. As for me I can resist all things, except temptation. I have been offered candy from my co-workers and what I find interesting about that is I am not really a sweets type of person. I am totally big on main dish meals, not so much the dessert. I am usually able to resist sweets.
But now I find myself wanting and craving it, the funny thing is I only want it now because I can’t have it. It’s like sin, if you tell me I can’t do something, I’ll prove you wrong. I’m like, “wait, woah, woah, woah….. take it easy Jeremy, you can do this. Remember, you don’t like sweets that much.” Thank God I was able to say no thank you to my co-worker, since it’s only my first week, but it is funny to sense the temptation so early on this diet.
The struggle is real and will increase as the days progress.
So in my last blog I forgot to mention why I am joining this group in changing the way I eat. For one, it’s for health reasons. I went to the Dr.s office and got a check up. The Dr. said that my blood and all that other stuff were normal, but it was near the high mark. Basically I was inches away from being considered unhealthy. Another reason is that more importantly, I wanted to implement discipline into my physical health and daily routine. I’ve been considering cutting down my intake for awhile now and also want to shed some poundage. I remember last week at breakfast while scarfing down a waffle at Original house of pancakes when we as a group (the new group consisting of Fred, Vince and I) decided to start the diet/lifestyle. I was sitting there eating my waffle when the guys said, “Come on, let’s all do it together!”...... I paused for a moment and thought to myself what I would be giving up. Things I’ll miss; rice, desserts, pastas, hamburger buns, tacos, burritos, mac and cheese (looks like it's just going to be cheese and cheese from now on), factory made products like twinkies (they just made a come back too, oh well), lasagna, starbucks, having coffee with my cream and sugar, sugar, and the list goes on.
However I started to think about the things that I won’t miss; shortness of breath when going upstairs, struggles trying to macgyver tying my shoes (that’s a real struggle, those who know feel my pain), pants ripping when bending over (yes, it has happened to me), belt buckle jabbing my stomach when I sit down, sitting down for rest because I’m too tired to stand, aching joints in my knees and cankles (yes I put cankles, because……. yeah), cankles, being tired after a long day of work, salads
and the list goes on. After that I thought to myself, “well, you wanted to lose weight, here’s your chance” and I responded to the guys, “Well, I guess it’d be nice to see my jawline again.” With that we made an agreement to start the lifestyle change.
Report:
It’s only been four days and I am already experiencing weight loss. As of today I went from 235 lbs to 230.8 lbs. Praise the Lord! That’s a total of 4.2 lbs, that's almost a pound a day. I didn’t expect to lose any weight already but I am definitely not complaining. I always weigh myself in the morning, because my body should be empty of all foods.
Here is what is on the menu today
Salmon, Broccoli, and Cauliflower
Total of 15 grams of carbs
SNACKS
Oranges and Cheese
Total of 20 grams of carbs






No comments:
Post a Comment