Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Carbs. Everywhere.

Dear Blogspot,
It's been 3 weeks since I've started the low-amylose diet.
I am still alive.
Praise the Lord. 

Lol. I know I seem a bit dramatic about it. But seriously, praise the Lord for sustaining me through, what I call, physical and mental torment. This change in lifestyle has opened my eyes to how often I unknowingly eat things that are bad for me. Especially at work.

ESPECIALLY.
















AT.
















WORK.

All it takes is a simple act-of-kindness by a co-worker to buy bagels or donuts for the whole department. "Just have one!" "They're fresh!" "It's still warm!" "We deserve it after the night we had." And boom. Before I knew it, I accidentally had a bite of a donut because I really did have a hard night and I lost all memory that I was on a diet.



It was so good! That was the best bite of a sugar donut I ever had!

However, a couple minutes after that bite, I actually did feel kind of odd. I don't know if it was I haven't had carbs in a while or if it was just because of guilt... but my stomach felt all weird. I felt a bit nauseous. In general, I felt kind of lousy.

So I tried to remember how I felt after eating that, and it became somewhat easier to stick to the diet. Cooking has become a real pleasure. I'm enjoying looking through Pinterest for recipe ideas and I'm so excited to try one out. Lately, I've just been winging it, nothing special.

{ Al pastor, scrambled eggs, homemade salsa }

{ Pot roast, grilled brussel sprouts }

These dishes actually filled me up AND they were good for me. Not too shabby.

I miss a lot of foods. Boba, cookies, macarons, french fries, baked potatoes, hash browns, sandwiches, nutella, honey nut cheerios, fruity pebbles, ramen, pie, chips, lavender syrup, apple juice, Oreos, fried rice, rice.... The list goes on. But I'm starting to think about them less. (Cake.) And starting to focus more on foods (Pretzels.) that I could actually eat that are so much better for me. (Cheesecake.) I mean, I already lost about 7lbs. (Waffles.) Seeing results on the scale has definitely added some encouragement to continue. (French toast.) Maybe even for another month. (Twix.)

We'll see what happens! The struggle is still very real. But I'm enjoying it with Ann & LeighAnn :)


No comments:

Post a Comment