It's been 10 days since we started this
diet. And man, it is really a test of my will. I almost gave in when
my mom visited me the other day. My gigantic dog broke our gate,
escaped the backyard and gave me a hard time coming back home. I ran
outside in my pajamas and had a neighbor help me bring him back. It
was so stressful. When I came back inside, my mom's Starbucks vanilla
latte was staring at me and whispering promises of fulfillment into
my ears. I literally stared at it for a few minutes, debating whether
or not to take a sip. But I thought of Jainah and Ann and walked
away. At church, I didn't even look at the food (they had CAKE!) and
when I go grocery shopping it's so hard to pass by all the desserts.
I was at Sprouts with Jainah and she sighed, “Oh man, I've never
even had a chocolate covered almond before, but that looks so
good...” LOL and of course, I just stared at the ice cream
longingly. It's been so long, mi amor!
Last night I went to the gym for the
first time in a long time. Needless to say, I am SO sore and
embarrassed by how weak I am. On a brighter note, I am really excited
to get back to doing zumba. I love dancing! But I need to implement
some strength training in there to gain muscle and not just cardio.
I've committed myself to working out at least 3 times a week at the
gym. I really admire Ann and Jason for their commitment to eating
healthy, being strong and disciplined in working out. Ahh...why can't
they live closer?! Thankfully our gym is less than 10 minutes away.
When we lived in Lakewood it was literally across the street. So when
I go work out I won't be gone for more than 1 hour and I'm happy
about that. This past year it's been very difficult for me to leave
Kevin and Evangeline in the evening because Evangeline had a super
late bedtime, had so many medications, and Kevin was always tired. I
wanted him to come home and rest, not babysit and do medication
rounds while mommy was gone. Since she's getting older, I have less
guilt knowing that she's just going to be put to bed and while I'm
gone. Plus, instead of sleeping at midnight bc of medications, she's
gonna be sleeping like a normal baby at around 8-9 pm bc she only has
one medication left! Hooray!
I actually just got my body fat
percentage done by the gym and I have 37% body fat! HOW GROSS! Ugh! I
hate thinking that almost half my body is fat! And I definitely don't
want Evangeline to be like that when she grows up, so eating healthy
and working out is much more of a priority than before. The person
said I have to lose 30 lbs in order for me to be within a healthy
BMI. I'm down with that! I can do it! Just gotta have accountability,
and that's what Jainah and Ann are for! SISTERHOOD OF THE SHRINKING
PANTS, GIRLS! Losing that weight, day by day....
No comments:
Post a Comment